Monday, July 15, 2013

New Products!

It's always fun to get new toys. I don't care how old you are, it's always exciting to get something new, especially if it's stuff you haven't gotten before. I felt that way when I came home to two packages sitting in my mailbox--my first Runnerbox and Bondi Bands! I had already received a new outfit that I ordered from Lucy last week, that I plan to use for the half-marathon, so to get the rest of my new running gear made it even better. The reason I had ordered these products is because Mitzi had recently blogged about a bunch of fun new stuff she had snagged at an expo of a race she ran. She raved about these Bondi Bands, so I wanted to give them a shot--with my short haircut, it's hard to find products that hold my hair back without looking atrocious, so I'm always game for something new.

Well, I took some of my new gear out for a test this past Sunday when I tackled my furthest running distance yet--7 miles! I wore my new Lucy outfit, a Bondi Band, and took some Pro Bar Bolt Organic Energy Chews to help keep my energy up on the long distance. The result was great! I loved my new outfit, which has a lot of pockets in the top, equipped for stashing things over the course of a long run. And the Bondi Band worked great-I'm definitely going to keep using them (I ordered two) because they hold the hair back, don't shift while you're working out, and soak up the sweat really well. Plus, they have cute sayings on them :) And I LOVED the Pro Bar organic energy chews. I had asked in a previous blogpost about energy gels and received pretty negative reviews of them, so I feel like these little energy chews might be a good alternative. However, I got lots of fun goodies/snacks/energy supplements in my Runnerbox, so I might find something I like even more!

If you have any favorite products that you like to use, let me know! Clothing, sunglasses, shoes, food, water boosters, supplements, etc.--I want to know it all!

Bondi Bands

Runnerbox Goodies
(Sorry for the terrible photo quality)

No comments:

Post a Comment